Jane’s Delicious Urban Gardening is packed with inspirational ideas and practical information on all aspects of urban eco living. In her trademark sensible and easy-to-follow style, Jane provides a wealth of tips and suggestions for:
* growing organic vegetables just about anywhere – from containers to edible walls, from raised beds to rooftops, from community gardens to neglected pavements
* planting and maintaining a space-efficient urban orchard
* converting an existing lawn or tennis court into an instant edible oasis
* keeping urban bees, hens and aquaponic tanks
* harvesting rainwater and recycling grey water
* introducing solar power into your home
* converting a chlorinated swimming pool into a wetland-filtered haven.
Illustrated with hundreds of beautiful colour photographs, Jane’s Delicious Urban Gardening is essential reading for anyone wanting to live a more sustainable, productive and healthy lifestyle in the city.